YES! We Accept In-Kind Donations
Donate to Assist our Staff and Clients
We continuously accept gift-in-kind donations, from toiletry to new and gently used clothing, to assist our staff and unhoused men, women and children.
Right now, we can ONLY accept the items below.
PLEASE NOTE: This page is regularly updated, and we encourage you to check before preparing a donation.
Q&A - Donating items for Those in Need?
What type of in-kind donations do you accept for your clients?
We accept all types of clean, gently used, or new clothes for adults, teens, and babies (infants to 3yrs old).
Damaged, soiled, or old clothes will NOT be accepted.
We are always in need of socks, jeans, coats, casual clothes, and the following:
- For Men - (Med. to XXXL sizes): Seasonal clothing and shoes, OR new underwear, undershirts, and socks.
- For Women - (Med. to XXXL sizes): Seasonal clothing and shoes, OR and new underwear, bras, and socks.
- Baby clothes (birth to 3 yrs old): undergarments, blankets, socks, onesies, pajamas, etc.
- General Winter items (especially Asylum Seekers) - Winter coats, jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves - and the above.
Do you accept personal hygiene items?
Yes. We accept new and travel-size (if applicable) personal hygiene as listed below:
- New and/or travel-size: hand sanitizer, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream, combs, brushes, razors, baby/body wipes (preferably disposable), mouthwash (with no alcohol), and feminine hygiene products (unopened, fully sealed outer packaging), etc.
Do you accept any other types of donations for clients?
Yes, we accept items to help clients get into temporary and permanent housing. We need household items and the following:
- Linens (new): twin-size sheets (not larger sizes), blankets, and standard-size pillowcases.
- Bath towels & face cloths (new or gently used),
- Baby Items: diaper bags, towels, washcloths, bottles, power baby formula,
- Household items: dish soap, sponges, scrub brushes, paper towels, trash bags, mops, brooms, dustpans, hand soap, Clorox wipes, bleach, cleaning spray, disinfectant, oven cleaner,
- Kitchenware/Housewares: plates, bowls, silverware, glassware, cooking utensils, pots and pans, lamps, etc.
Do you accept COVID-19-related personal protective equipment?
Yes, some of the COVID-19-related items needed are hand sanitizer for clients (travel size), disposable/sanitary gloves of all sizes (new/unopened boxes), and face-covering or masks (preferably N95 masks).
Can't I just drop off my donation?
No. Due to several health and security factors, you must contact us at [email protected] to schedule your visit to our facilities. You will be instructed to complete our FORM, see which location can accept your items, and then arrange for you to drop off your donation.
Where and when can I deliver my donation?
After contacting us, we will arrange with one of our over 35 locations (across NYC and NYS) for you to drop off your CLEAN or NEW donations at a specific time that accommodates you. To help with this process, please complete our In-Kind Donation Form HERE OR below and email it back with your name, the type of items, and your preferred dates for drop-off to [email protected]
Can my donation be pick-up?
Generally, we reserve pick-up for donations that are large in size or quantity. Please get in touch with us to determine if your donation is eligible at [email protected]
Are there any products that you need for other purposes?
Yes, we accept items to help us during our fundraising efforts, like raffle and auction items for our Special Events, toys during our Toy Drive, and giveaway products for our gift bags. Don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you wish to donate to these causes.
I have food for your shelters, can I donate it?
Generally, we do NOT accept food items, especially cooked food, fruits, vegetables, dairy items, and perishable goods.
We do NOT accept frozen meals, prepared sandwiches, fresh bread, or salads.
Please get in touch with us if you wish to donate any canned goods or pantry products at [email protected]
I would like an acknowledgment letter for tax purposes. Can I get one?
If you need an in-kind donation acknowledgment letter for your tax purposes, your donation value must be more than $500, and you must do the following:
- determine the value of all items or services that will report to the IRS, and
- complete the In-Kind Donation Form and return it to [email protected] or submit it with your donation.
Items We Do NOT Accept:
NO FOOD PRODUCTS
In general, we do NOT accept food items, especially cooked food, fruits, vegetables, dairy items, and perishable goods.
We do NOT accept frozen meals, prepared sandwiches, fresh bread, or fresh salads.
NO DAMAGED ITEMS
We do NOT accept broken, worn, soiled, or damaged clothes or items.
We do NOT accept furniture, large appliances, or books.
We do NOT accept used mattresses, suitcases, bed pillows, electronics, etc.
In-Kind Donation Form
Complete the form below if you wish to donate.
Please Note - (Unless otherwise noted, no goods or services were provided by the organization in return for the donation.)